1. Bring a gun. Preferably at least two guns. Bring all your friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (lateral and diagonal movement are preferred)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun, and a friend with a long gun.
7. In 10 years nobody will remember the details of the caliber, stance or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on the "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. Always cheat: Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back up plan because the first one won't work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in FRONT on your gun.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill (in God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them)
19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Rules for Gunfighting
I don't remember where I got this but there is plenty of truth to much of it. Enjoy!