How would you feel if one of your guns fell into the wrong hands and was used to commit a violent crime or take someone’s life? Even if something so horrible did not happen, after making an investment into your guns, losing them to theft, or even fire, is the last thing you want to have happen. A Steelwater gun safe was designed to provide protection from both kinds of loss.
These are solid safes with state of the art design and construction. Besides protection from theft, a Steelwater gun safe can protect your guns and other valuables from both fire and moisture damage as well. They are designed and manufactured with the highest standards in the industry and are backed by a solid warranty to boot.
Worth The Investment?
When you consider the cost of replacing your guns or other valuables, which might also be securely stored inside your Steelwater gun safe, not having one would actually cost you more. These are high end, high quality safes which are meant to last and meant to keep your investments safe. Each safe comes with a dehumidifier, fire protection and digital security system. In short, the quality and value built into these safes make them worth the investment.
Steelwater Gun Safe Specifications
Solid built safes with the utmost quality and state of the art features is what make Steelwater safes valuable. Let’s take a closer look at its features and specifications.
- Backed by 22 years of experience in the locksmith and security industry.
- Built of state of the art materials, which not only keep your guns out of the hands of thieves, but also protect against damage from humidity with a dehumidifier built into each safe.
- Digital locking system is the most advanced and most secure in the industry with 2 3-8 digit reprogrammable locking codes.
- Protects your valuables against fire damage from 45 minutes to an hour at a constant temperature of 1550 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Not only do these safes protect against fire damage, but from smoke damage as well.
- 3-way direct drive lock and bolt system.
- Drill and ballistic resistant shields over locking system.
- Double bitted emergency bypass keys.
- Capacity: from between 16 and 22 fire arms depending on model
- Construction: 12 gauge steel (most are 14 gauge which is lighter and thinner)
- Interior dimensions: 7.44 to 17.78 cubic feet depending on model
- Outside Dimensions (HxWxD) : 59” x 22” x 16” (16), 59” x 28” x 18” (20), 59” x 30” x 24” (22)
- Weight: 305 lbs. (16), 373 lbs. (20), 555 lbs. (22)
- Fire rating: 45 minutes at up to 1550 degrees and 1 hour up to 1875 degrees on the heavy duty model.
Though some customers are leery of digital locking, Steelwater has overcome the objections raised concerning digital locking through unique design features in their systems which go beyond the quality of their competitors. Here are the unique features included in the Steelwater digital locking system:
- The lock has a non-volatile memory, which will not allow a thief to reset the lock to factory settings by removing and reinstalling the battery.
- Is EMP (electro magnetic pulse) shielded, which will not allow a burglar to shock the system with a magnetic pulse.
- Drill resistant plates protecting the locking system and preventing the thief from electronically overriding the motherboard.
- High security backup key with pick resistant tumblers.
Pros/Cons of the STEELWATER GUN SAFE
All products have qualities which add to their value as well as characteristics or flaws that take away from its value or might be improved upon. Here are the pros and cons of the Steelwater gun safe:
- Fire resistance.
- Resistance to damage from humidity.
- Secure digital locking with unique safeguards.
- Heavier weight and thickness of steel construction.
- High capacity of storage.
- Predrilled holes to anchor to the floor.
- 2 year warranty.
- When the shelves are added, the space for longer guns and rifles becomes limited.
- The combination must be set by a Steelwater technician. Changing it yourself will void the warranty.
Is the Steelwater gun safe worth the investment? The short answer is yes. Given the strength and durability of construction materials which exceed industry standards, the high fire rating, the improvements to the digital locking system and protection against humidity, having this safe makes a lot of sense. It will cost you to invest in the quality of the Steelwater gun safe, but the peace of mind you will gain from knowing that your valuables will be safe is well worth it.
Don’t waste time with inferior safes, which may or may not protect your valuables from theft, humidity or fire damage. You don’t want to have to live with knowing that a gun stolen from your cheaper, poorer quality safe was used to commit a violent crime or take a life. Invest in a Steelwater gun safe and know your guns and other valuables are truly safe.