When rapid response and accuracy with a reflex sight is a must, you are going to want an optic which is durable enough to withstand whatever punishment can be dished out without failing to produce stellar results. The demand for a more affordable, yet high-quality optic for rifles, carbines, and shotguns is what inspired Vortex to develop this line of optics. The StrikeFire 2 takes this range of optics to a whole new level.
Vortex took up its niche among mid-range optics with some success, but by upgrading its capabilities in the new product, it has substantially solidified its place in the niche for a long time to come. Durable, precise and easy to use, it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of higher end optics, but it also doesn’t carry their price. What’s more, it isn’t giving away a great deal of quality compared to its pricey competitors. It is light, is easy to install and doesn’t add much bulk to your weapon. Additionally, it can be easily adjusted for night vision and other lighting challenges that might arise.
Worth The Investment?
For what you are getting for your purchase, you really can’t go wrong by investing your money in a mid-range optic like this product. Here are the reasons you should consider this sight for your carbine, rifle or shotgun:
- Mounts easily to the rail of any of these three weapons.
- It is certainly one of the best buys you can make for a carbine.
- Withstands the aggressive recoil from a shotgun, even when shooting magnum shells, without any damage to its precision and accuracy.
- It is basic, easy to adjust and easy to use.
- Has high optics quality at a mid-range price.
Essentially, there is enough value built into this unit to spend a whole lot more money, but you don’t have to, making it every bit worth the investment. Were you not able to get your hands on this model, the best alternative for close to the same amount of cash would be the Aimpoint Pro optic.
StrikeFire 2 Specifications
The StrikeFire 2 is optimized for split-second target acquisition, durability and accuracy without having to break the bank to get your hands on it. Let’s take a look at its features and specifications.
- All air to glass surfaces have multiple anti-reflective coatings to increase light transmission.
- Shooter has a choice of red or green dot with 10 brightness levels.
- This optic meets industry “parallax free” standards.
- The tube is constructed of a single piece, lightweight durable chassis.
- Shockproof. It is designed to withstand recoil without damaging accuracy.
- Waterproof. O ring seals prevent the penetration of moisture, dust and other debris from entering the tube.
- Fogproof. Nitrogen gas purging to prevent lens fogging.
- Low glare, hard anodizes, matte finish.
- Will operate at temperatures between -22 degrees and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The StrikeFire 2 features a cantilever mount with unlimited eye relief.
- Magnification: 1x
- Lens aperture: 1.45 inches
- Weight: 7.2 pounds
- Length: 5.6 inches
- Mount: cantilever
- Adjustment graduation: ½ MOA
- Reticle: 4 MOA red or green dot
The StrikeFire 2 is praised for its accuracy even under less than ideal conditions. It is best used for ranges up to 300 yards. It is backed by an unconditional lifetime warranty, which is an indication of its quality.
Pros/Cons of the STRIKEFIRE 2
There are always qualities which add to the value of the products you buy as well as characteristics or flaws that take away from its value or might be improved upon. Here are the pros and cons of the StrikeFire 2:
- You have to start out with its mid-range price while delivering higher end optic performance.
- Its lightweight and a design which doesn’t add a lot of bulkiness to your weapon.
- The easy adjustment features to get it sighted in which hold true over an extended period of time and heavy usage.
- Parallax free is an essential element for any reflex sight and this one has it.
- Choice of dot color and wide range of brightness adjustment.
- Cantilever design allows for co-witnessed sighting and rapid target acquisition.
- The on/off button is well suited for right-handed shooters but is cumbersome for left-handed shooters and it must be pressed precisely in the middle to make it work.
- The front lens of the optic reflects a lot of light whenever it is at certain angles, which could work against you in situations where lens flare will spook game or give away your position.
The StrikeFire 2 is worth the investment. To begin with, you are paying about one third as much for the optic, which can make quite a difference when it comes to making a purchasing decision. Even though you are paying one third as much, you aren’t getting one third the quality and features. In fact, though you are only getting fundamental features without any bells and whistles, what you are getting isn’t far below the quality of the higher end optics where it counts.
When you invest in this product, you are getting an accurate, easily adjusted sight which remains true under less than favorable conditions. You are getting a parallax free sight with brightness adjustment features, and it is shockproof, fog proof and waterproof. You are getting these features in a lightweight, sleek design that doesn’t add bulk to your weapon. To top it off, the cantilever mount provides rapid, co-witnessed target acquisition where it counts.
Don’t waste time with inferior reflex sights and don’t spend your extra money by purchasing a higher end sight. This unit is designed to meet the demand for a high-quality optic at a mid-range price, and it achieves that objective.