The popularity of mini red dot sights has been increasing steadily, and with the amount of models available on the market today it can be tough to make a decision.
Do you need a mini red dot for a pistol, a small carbine, or as a backup mounted on a ranged scope? The Vortex Venom can fill all of these roles.
Vortex has a reputation of manufacturing high quality and dependable optics. The Vortex Venom is no different – it is a fantastic mini red dot. The Venom is easy to use, has a clear sight picture, and the option of a 3 MOA or 6 MOA dot means you can choose the model that best suits your eye.
The combination of quality and features that Vortex puts into each one of their optics means you are always getting a ton of sight for the price paid, and the Venom is no different. Similar mini red dot sights can cost hundreds more, and sights in the same price range do not hold up against the performance of the Vortex brand.
As an added benefit, the VIP Lifetime Warranty is included with all Vortex sights. If you should happen to experience a failure or a defect it will be taken care of. Vortex provides excellent customer service and will work with the customer to fix any issue they may have.
Sight Review and Breakdown
- Ease of Use and Reliability
- Battery Life
1. The Venom is available with a 3MOA or 6MOA red dot. This allows the shooter to choose their preferred size. Both are easy to see and 10 different brightness settings allow for use in any lighting condition.
2. The multi-coated lens provides a wide range of view and clear sight picture at all times while reducing glare.
3. The top-load battery compartment saves the user time and money. Thanks to this design you will not have to re-zero the sight after a battery change as the sight can remain mounted.
4. The unit is both weatherproof and shockproof to protect against the elements, protect against dirt and debris, and withstand thousands of rounds without adverse effects from recoil.
Who is this Sight for?
Type of Shooter
Type of Gun
The Vortex Venom is a mini red dot that can serve multiple purposes.
While not the most rugged sight available today it is still built to withstand years of use and punishment.
The sight picture is clear, the dot is bright, and the controls are easy to use.
For the cost it is a great mini-red dot.
With the reputation of Vortex’s quality, as well as the lifetime warranty, you are getting an amazing sight for your money.
Other Options Worth Looking At
If you are not sure about using a mini red dot and want to try a cheap option first there are several options from Firefield and XTS are available in the sub $100 range. There are many options coast about the same as the Venom, but it is difficult to find another mini-red dot with the same quality at this price.
If you want a more rugged choice the Trijicon RMR is well known as being a top-tier mini sight. Prices start around $350 for a basic model and most options cost far more. While these are tougher sights than the Venom, the features and controls are very similar.